Additives | Campden Tablets (GR50)
Weight: 0.11 lb
- Selling Unite: 50 grams per pack
- INstructions for wine kits: One tablet in one gallon of must yields 75 ppm total sulfur dioxide. Crush into a powder before using. Some beer brewers also use Campden tablets to remove chlorine or chloramine from their brewing water.
- Instructions for Purify Juice: Add one Campden Tablet per each gallon of juice, or for every 8 gallons of crushed fruit. Crush your tablets and pre-dissolve them in a small amount of water before adding to the juice. Allow the juice to ventilate in an open container for 24 hours before adding wine yeast. For over-ripe and potentially moldy fruits, double the dosage.
- instructions to Sanitize Equipment: All equipment should be cleaned with soapy water first and then crush and dissolve 16 Campden tablets per each gallon of water. Also, add ½ teaspoon of Citric Acid. Next, you will want to sanitize your fermentation vessel by putting in 2 to 3 inches of the solution at the bottom of the vessel. Seal the vessel airtight for 20 minutes to allow the fumes from the solution to permeate the inside walls.
- Instructions at Bottling Time: Add one Campden Tablet per each gallon of wine to preserve its color and flavor. Crush the Campden tablets and pre-dissolve them in a small amount of the wine first. It is also recommended at this time to add Potassium Sorbate to help eliminate a chance re-fermentation. Bottle immediately after adding Campden tablets.
- Product of the United States